Instructions for Installing MGLTools on Windows
- 1) Download and run .exe file from downloads page.
If you don't have Python 2.5 installed on your machine, the installer downloads and runs Python installer first.See Troubleshooting if installer fails to start.
- 2) In the install wizard, click Next, select destination and click Next again.
Default installation folder is C:\Program Files\MGLTools $Version. Make sure that you have at least 30MB of space available.
- 3) Complete the "License Agreements for add-on packages" form.
See Filling add-on packages license form for details.
- 4) Finally, click Finish to complete installation
Please leave Create Desktop Shortcuts checked. You can re/move Desktop Shortcuts later if needed.
Launching ADT, PMV or Vision
Click any of the following Desktop Shortcut that are created by the installer:
or run corresponding scripts using Start → All Programs → MGLTools $Version. You can also access to Unistall and Update Manager using this menu.
- Problems with standalone installer?
- If you don't have Python installed, please download and install python-2.5.2.msi first. Your system should support Microsoft Installer 2.0 or higher. Visit How to obtain the Windows Installer engine for more info. Then you need to download .zip from downloads page. and unzip it to Lib/site-packages folder of your Python distribution. To start ADT, PMV or Vision double-click on AutoDockTools/bin/runAdt.py, Pmv/bin/runPmv.py or Vision/bin/runVision.py respectively. See also 'ascii' codec FAQ.
- Bugs in graphics drivers?
- Please see: http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimera/graphics/graphicsbugs.html. Many graphics driver bugs observed in MGLTools have similar solutions.
- ADT/PMV crashes on Windows Vista.
- Install the latest graphics drivers. Use Control Panel → Windows Update and look for Video software updates under Optional update type.
- Error in Wish: bad end of central directory record .
- Check the size of the file you downloaded against the size that we report in download page.